Alabama Auto Insurance
A: you may go to jail anytime/if you are the judges guest is another matter
Q: Auto Insurance in Alabama?
Can someone tell me what the minimum liability limits for car insurance in Alabama would be?
A: 20k each person 40k each accident for bodily injury and 10k each accident for property damage.thats what i have an i live in southern alabama
Q: How do I write an affidavit stating I was responsible for paying cell phone bills and auto insurance bills?
They were in my mother’s name because at the time I had no credit established, but I made all the payments. I need them for proof of payment to be approved for a USDA loan to buy a house in Alabama.
A: HOPEFULLY, you did it ‘through’ a Checking Account?
Use the Canceled Checks!
OR write out just what you said, have it Notarized by a Notary & signed in Person by you and your Mother.
Q: How would I write an affidavit stating I was responsible for paying cell phone bills and auto insurance bills?
They were in my mother’s name because at the time I had no credit established, but I made all the payments. I need them for proof of payment to be approved for a USDA loan to buy a house in Alabama.
A: Just the way you did – but you’ll need to include cancelled checks to PROVE that you paid them.
Q: I have a question regarding auto insurance and my 17-year-old son driving under a learner’s permit with parent
We live in the state of Alabama, and I have full coverage insurance on my car. My son, who lives with me, has a learner’s permit, but not his license, and only drives on occasion, always with me (his mother) in the car. Do I need to notify my insurance company that he is driving with me under a learner’s permit so that he will be listed as a “driver” on my policy (even though he does not have his official license as yet)? Or do I notify my insurance company only once he actually has his drivers license?
A: Without reading your policy form, most of the time you don’t need to add them until they actually have a license.
Technically, the only policy form I’ve ever seen that requires you to add a person under permit, is Progressive’s and Leader’s. I’ve read other policies from companies that WANT you to add them when they get their permit (thus charging you a higher premium, earlier), but the POLICY form refers to “licensed driver”, so the company would have to cover a permitted driver.
I’d call your agent, anonymously, and ask them “hypothetically”. That’s the safest way.
Q: I’m transporting my SUV from California to Alabama. Can anyone recommend a reliable auto transport service?
I’m transporting the SUV from Santa Ana, CA to Huntsville, AL. My budget is under $1000, which hopefully includes insurance, pick up & delivery service.
A: Look up DAS (dependable auto shippers). You can also just do a search for ‘auto shipping companies”. Try to avoid the ones who are just brokers and hire whoever is available. Make sure to check their customer satisfaction rating.
Q: I have to ask all.. Because State Farm insurance will not cover Mississippi..Do you trust State farm anymore?
If Start Farm will not cover New Orleans and southern Alabama, Mississippi? Would you trust them for Auto Insurance? The outcome of this question will be a MinnesotaRick’s yahoo 360 blog..
A: sorry to say I really don’t trust any insurance agency, but its a law that you must have one. but I would never go with state farm. I just don’t like that company.
Q: Which State am I a Legal Resident of?
My driver’s license and voter registration is in Georgia and I rent a room from my sister there.
I own a home in Alabama and spend much time there.
I pay state taxes in both states.
My health insurance is with a Georgia company.
My cars and car insurance are in Alabama.
I have a motor home and spend most winters in Key West.
The auto insurance company says they could not care less but the health insurance people have a problem with my residency.
Of which state am I a “legal” resident?
A: Red Rubber Jesus, I suggest you find a local car insurance agent to assist you. Since I live in Florida I can’t suggest an agent in Alabama, but here is an resource that can help you. http://www.easyautoinsuranceguide.com/Alabama-Car-Insurance.html
Hope it works out
Q: Mandating insurance for citizens?
Why is it that so many are up in arms about the fact that it will be mandated that people carry health insurance when 48 of the 50 states require drivers to buy liability insurance to show financial responsibility? The two states that don’t are New Hampshire and Wisconsin. Neither of those 2 states are suing the US Government over the mandate of health care coverage. But the states thus far that are –
all require the people driving in their state to carry auto insurance! What is the difference?? Isn’t this also forcing people to buy what they don’t want? Isn’t this socialism as well? Why is this okay, but when the federal government – who ends up covering medical bills when the people can’t do so – demands people take “financial responsibility” and purchase health insurance so that they don’t have to spend so much covering people when the medical costs go up because of lack of payment, suddenly people come out of the woodwork and start screaming “This is Unconstitutional!”. Can someone explain this to me??
And to save many of you the trouble: I HAVE read the bill cover to cover, for I work in a field that is directly effected either way by the bill, and I am a small business owner. So save the rhetoric and just answer the question.
@open4one: My husband is a history professor. There is a print of it hanging in his office at our house. I MIGHT have seen it a time or two. . . I can’t recall.
A: The Federal government (through Federal income taxes & Social Security taxes) ALREADY mandated all citizens with income pay taxes at least a portion of which funds Medicaid & Medicare, and of course Social Security…so the notion some (very inattentive) people have that the Health Bill is the “first time the Federal government has EVER mandated citizens buy something” is laughable…and the sad reality that there are States whose ATTORNEYS GENERAL are too dim-witted to realize that is just plain sad!!!
Q: Is it fair that some will pay less for insurance?
I currently live in Wyoming. The company I work for is based in Alabama. I get Alabama Blue Cross / Blue Shield health, dental and vision for myself, my wife and three kids for a little over $300 a month. Living in Wyoming means I don’t have to name a primary Dr. or get referrals for any procedures. Its a really sweet deal, I must say.
Now, I keep hearing that its unfair that I have health care while others do not. If the health care reform bill is past, my understanding is, everyone will be required to buy health insurance. So, how is it any more fair that I will most likely have better insurance and a lower rate than someone else? Do I have to pay more right away or do I have to give up some benefits? We have to make this fair, right.
Lastly, you can not use the “auto insurance is mandatory”. Auto insurance is mandatory to cover damages you may cause to someone else’s property and to cover damage to your own vehicle in the case another party ie bank has a lean against your vehicle.
Liz – Get a different job. It worked for me. So you think you shouldn’t get left behind. I think I should have to pay for you too. Im already paying for five. How many more would you have me cover?
A: I tell you, this new crap he is proposing is not good. My husband is from a country where they have socialized medicine. The Dr’s there see about 15 pts a day. Here my Dr can see up to as many as 30. With this new plan, the doctors will have to all work the same hours, so now for something that would take you a day to get in for, will take weeks. You will no longer get to have surgery in 2 weeks, it could take months if it is not a complete emergency!
When my husband lived in Sweden, it took him almost 8 months to get a TEST to see if he had sleep apnea. His oxygen levels dropped below 50% at night he had it so bad, but …. low and behold.. he could not get in before it was his turn!! No mind you once they saw the results, he was called immediately to come get a machine, but still and all, he could have died waiting.
I say none of this is fair, and in the long run, those of us with good insurance are gonna end up getting the short end of the stick!!
Q: Is there any comsumer protection out there against insurance agents?
when they allow thier clients auto policy to lapse at NO FAULT of the client? I live in Alabama…..my payment was lost in the mail, called to let them know and the local agent allowed my policy to lapse anyway and now he is unwilling to help on our behalf….do I have grounds for a lawsuit? Called the company and was told by the girl in customer service and billing that they have a company policy that thier financial reps/ agents are required to protect clients against lapse.
A: If the payment was lost in the mail….that means it did not get to the agency.
Just like….if you mail your check to the power company and it gets lost in the mail and does not arrive at the power company….your power gets shut off.
If your check to the water company gets lost in the mail….your water gets shut off.
There is no requirement that the insurance agent keep your policy in-force if the payment has not been received by the due date.
If the payment was not received by the due date….the policy lapses. Period.
The agent does not have the ability to not let it lapse. If you did not pay for the service….you don’t get the service. Insurance is no different than any other product or service you pay for each month.
If your mail is that unreliable….from now on have the payment set up as an automatic draft….or take the check to your agents office and pay in person.
Do you know how often agents and adjuster hear….”the check was lost in the mail”?
If you have been a good customer…and this has NEVER happened before….sometimes if you can bring your check register and the ft/back check copy of the check(s) written just before and just after the insurance check to your agent….sometimes…..not often…but sometimes underwriting will re-instate the policy with out a lapse in coverage.
However, if this is not the first time your policy lapsed or that a check was lost in the mail….there is nothing your agent can do for you. You will probably have to get another policy.
Your best bet is to take your documentation to your agents office and see what, if anything, can be done to re-instate the policy.
Q: Statute of limitations on in Alabama?
Need to know if anyone knows the statute of limitations for settlement by an insurance company for an auto accident that was the other party’s fault? Thanks
A: I believe it is 2 years from the date of accident in Alabama.
Q: Need somebody who can think like a Yahoo Answers moderator?
I answered a question here, and it was flagged. I thought the answer was good, and I couldn’t see where it was against the community guidelines, so I appealed the flag. However, I ended up losing — the Yahoo Answer moderator (not sure what they’re really called) decided it was a solicitation. However, I can’t see it. Do they think I’m soliciting on behalf of Google or Bing?
Here’s the answer and their decision:
“Can you pay monthly vs. yearly or semi-annually? $2000 per year, while it looks like a lot, is probably pretty decent given the situation. Actually — that’s $166 monthly (plus some fees if you actually pay monthly).. that’s not bad at all, sorry to say, and I haven’t been 18 for a long time… I paid much more than that. You should look into high risk auto insurance providers. I know that around here, they advertise on local TV all the time — ‘insurance for as low as $45′ — while it’s virtually impossible to get insurance that low, I was paying less with Titan Insurance than I was quoted for Allstate, Progressive, and State Farm (about $3,000 yearly)… You won’t get a rate anywhere near that, but these flat-rate, high risk providers tend to offer lower rates for high risk drivers than mainstream insurers do. To find a high risk insurance provider (broker, preferably) locally, search Google or Bing for ‘high risk auto insurance’ + state name + city name (or some variations without the quotes). For instance, if you live near Birmingham Alabama, search for ‘high risk auto insurance birmingham al’ or something like that. Google may be better as they tend to provide local listings alongside the web-based listings. Alternately, get a quote from every single insurance company that you can find. It’ll take a lot of work, but if you use an online insurance broker (they help you get quotes from multiple insurance companies simultaneously), it’ll save you some time. Good luck.”
Violation Reason: Solicitation
Well, I always have lost my appeals… but on this one, I thought it was a helpful answer, so I tried to fight it.
Maybe it’s not possible to win an appeal, then? That’s quite ridiculous if that’s the case.
It wasn’t just the initial report, it was after my appeal and when the Yahoo Answers staff or their contractors decided this was a solicitation.
After the first answer here, I got to thinking about it — I’ve appealed a small handful of flags since I started on here, and I’ve lost each appeal, though this is the only one that I can think of that told me which Community Guideline I violated.
It’s just aggravating to put in a decent effort to answer a question to have some slow-wit with tenuous grasp on basic word meanings and context to say this as a solicitation.
In the grand scheme of things, this isn’t a big deal… I just have little tolerance for incompetence… and it irritates me because their reasoning doesn’t make any sense.
Riki – no offense meant, as you apparently have spent a great deal of time here — but answers ARE suggestions. People are coming here to seek help — suggestions — and if suggestions are solicitations, nearly every single useful answer on this service is in violation of your version of the Community Guidelines.
It’s absolutely ludicrous to even entertain the thought that a question and answers community prohibits users from giving others suggestions in their terms of service / rules.
Riki – I apologize — in re-reading your answer a few times, I’ve come to the conclusion that you probably meant you were giving me a suggestion, not that you were suggesting that suggestions were solicitations.
Which, I would compare my poor interpretation to the deplorable job the moderators did with my appeal… but it’s different as it’s their ‘job’. Though, again — I apologize for my ‘dimwittedness’.
I’m just going to drop it — I’ve let this trivial thing consume too much of my energy today.
Thanks for all of your responses.
A: Someone skimmed the answer and filed the report. I see nothing wrong with this answer as you are not saying ‘Go with Titan Insurance’.
Q: Why did this insurance agent try to push me into buying an expensive alarm system I don’t need?
I just bought a homeowner’s insurance policy for a house my husband and I just purchased. I bought our policy over the phone from a well respected company I will not mention because of their good service overall. The agent I dealt with was absolutely insistent that my husband and I install a monitored home security system in our house because we would get (a rather paltry) discount on our policy. I tried to explain to the rep that paying for the system, including monitoring would never pay off even if we were robbed because we don’t have many things someone would want to steal. Other than an off brand flat screen TV (that’s chained with a lock under its base to a very heavy solid wood TV console and we’re even thinking about attaching that to the floor joists), an inexpensive DVD player, a shelf of DVD’s mostly bought from the bargain bin at Wal-Mart and a couple of cheap laptops (that don’t even have Windows installed on them, we’re Linux users) there’s not much of value. She kept saying that what would we do if we were hit by $20,000 in loss from a burglary. Including a motorcycle and 2 cars (all insured for theft); we would be lucky if everything we have to our name, other than the house is worth that much! Plus, we live in a rural area in Alabama with a low break-in rate; I checked county crime stats for the past 10 years and we’re well below the national average. The nosy neighbors don’t hurt either
In order to break into the house you would have to get through a standard door lock, two deadbolts on each solid core security grade entry door, various window locks and avoid setting off wireless threshold motion sensors on all exterior doors and windows that let off an ear drum bursting screech that would deafen anyone within 100 feet. I work from home so I’m literally in the house all day and anyone dumb enough to break in would run a pretty high risk of getting a .22 shoved in their face anyway. The rep was still insistent that we “needed” an alarm even after hearing all of that. I couldn’t get it through her head that it doesn’t and probably will never pay for me to own an alarm system.
She then started going over my auto policy and mentioned that it would be a wise idea to put a Lojack or Onstar system on my two vehicles because of another paltry discount! My husband and I own a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville and a 1999 Dodge Dakota pickup; which are probably the last vehicles anyone would want to steal.
She just didn’t get it that some people live frugally and only buy what they actually need. She also seemed to take great offense when I told her that I thought it was dumb to spend $1000 on an alarm system, plus monitoring fees to protect a few thousand dollars worth of stuff in a low crime area in a house thats already locked tighter than Fort Knox and practically under armed guard! My dad’s obsessed with home defense so I learned how to use a gun when I was 14.
I’m 22 and this was by far the most annoying experience I’ve had in the whole home buying process! I would have hung up on her but I needed the insurance paperwork sent to my mortgage company before the end of the business day. The insurance company I’m using doesn’t even have any connection to these other companies whatsoever! I don’t get it. Is this woman completely crazy?
A: she probably has a brother who sells the damn things, and gets a healthy kick back.
Q: Some questions that make you wonder…?
1. Why does toilet bowl cleaner only come in the color blue?
2. How come you can kill a deer and put it up on your wall. but it’s illegal to keep one as a pet?
3. In some books, why do they have blank pages at the very end?
4. Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
5. Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?
6. Why do people never say “it’s only a game” when they’re winning?
7. If parents say, “Never take candy from strangers” then why do we celebrate Halloween?
8. Why are all of the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they’re English?
9. Are children who act in rated ‘R’ movies allowed to see them?
10. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
11. Do bald people get Dandruff?
12. Why do superheroes wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes?
13. Can you cry under water?
14. Why doesn’t Winnie the Pooh ever get stung by the bees he messes with?
15. Why do they put holes in crackers?
16. Why do they call him Donkey Kong if he is not a donkey?
17. Do your eyes change color when you die?
18. If K.F.C Stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken, Why do they play sweet home Alabama on the commercials?
19. In libraries, do they put the bible in the fiction or non-fiction section?
20. What do you call male ballerinas?
21. What is another word for “thesaurus”?
22. Why can’t donuts be square?
23. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
24. Why isn’t there a special name for the tops of your feet?
25. Why do you need a driver’s license to buy liquor when you can’t drink and drive?
26. Do fish get thirsty?
27. Why doesn’t McDonald’s sell hotdogs?
28. At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?
29. What is Satan’s last name?
30. Why is there a disclaimer on the Allstate Auto Insurance commericals that says “Not available in all states”?
31. Why is an alarm clock going “off” when it actually turns on?
32. Why is Grape Nuts cereal called that, when it contains neither grapes, nor nuts?
33. Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They’re both dogs!
34. Can blind people see their dreams?
35. Why do most cars have speedometers that go up to at least 130 when you legally can’t go that fast on any road?
36.Where in the nursery rhyme does it say humpty dumpty is an egg?
37.Why do banks leave the door wide open but the pens chained to the counter?
38.Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower, when he doesn’t usually wear any pants?
39.If an orange is orange, why isn’t a lime called a green or a lemon called a yellow?
40.If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why’s it still #2?
41. Should Vegetarians eat animal crackers?
42. Why do toasters always have a setting on them which burns your toast to a
horrible crisp no one would eat?
43. If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap ?why doesn’t he buy his dinner?
44. If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables. What is baby oil made from?
45.If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
46.Why is there an expiration date on sour cream
47. Were Mary and Joseph’s surname Christ before Jesus was born?
48. If a bunch of cats jump on top of each other, is it still called a dog pile?
49. Do sheep get static cling when they rub against one another?
50. If people with one arm go to get their nails done, do they pay half price?
51.What type of animal is Snuffaluffagus?
52. If you had a three story house and were in the second floor, isn’t it possible that you can be upstairs and downstairs at the same time?
53.Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?
54. If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?
55. Why do they call it “getting your dog fixed” if afterwards it doesn’t work anymore?
56. Does a ‘Marks-A-Lot’ marker, mark any more than a regular marker?
57. If you really could dig a hole to China, and you did, and you fell in, would you stop in the middle because of gravity?
58. If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their headlights off?
59. What happens when you put a lightsaber in water?
60. If a bee is allergic to pollen would it get the hives?
61. Why do people say “heads up” when you should duck?
62. Why is it OK for dudes to slap other dudes’ asses in football, but not in any other situation?
63. Why does triangularly cut bread taste better than square bread?
64. If one man says, “it was an uphill battle,” and another says, “it went downhill from there,” how could they both be having troubles?
65. What do people in China call their good plates?
66. How come toy hippos are always blue, or purple, when real hippos are brown?
67. Why don’t woodpeckers get headaches when they slam their head on a tree all day?
68. If someone owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way to the center of the earth?
69. If an escalotor breaks down, does it become stairs?
70. What happ
A: 1. Because blue is a clean color.
2. They are dangerous.
3. To make notes.
4. because there is no air to dry it out.
5. it sticks to your lips.
6. I’ve never heard people say that
7. That’s why the parents check the candy. -duh
8. Is Harry Potter real? Nooo.
9. For sure.
11. Sure they do.
12. It’s a trend, It makes the junk pop out.
13. Of course
14. He’s gentle with the bees.
15. No one has ever complained about porous crackers.
16. Donkey Kong just sounds cool ok?
17. Your eyes dry out -gross
18. Because it’s America.
19. No idea
21. wordfinder, wordbook, synonym dictionary
23. Because everyones in a rush
24. a special word?
25. Its another type of I.d…
27. Why doesn’t anyone sell hot dogs?
30. Because, I am hungry.
31. That my friend, Is the English language.
32. Grape nuts is catchy isn’t it?
33. Are they real? Noo.
34. Thats offensive.
35. Man. Who put that there?
36. humpty dumpty sounds like an egg
38.Thats walt disney.
39. Just cuz I’m wearing a yellow shirt and its hot outside.
40.Because of the darkness
41. Absolutely not
43. He lives in the friggin desert.
44. Its made out of …babies?
45. Gorillas in the mist was a sad movie.
46.you only think it tastes sour
47. F* If I know
48. Of course
49. thats hilarious
50. Most likely
51. a mammoth combined with an elephant.
54. Some children are born with autism
55. He’s fixed. No kids. The problem is FIXED.
57. Hot cheetoes are addictive
58. What? No.
59. It makes the diet coke explode
60. Thats ridiculous.
61. like watch out! “move”
62. Because you can’t be more manly anywhere else.
63. Don’t be a [ ]
66. That’s so funny
67. What is up with that Red bull soapbox ad?
68. Of course.
70. I had candy for dinner.
- New York Auto Insurance
- New Car Insurance
- California Insurance
- Alaska Auto Insurance
- Classic Auto Insurance
- Online Car Insurance
- Best Car Insurance
- Colorado Auto Insurance
- Cheap Car Insurance